Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Twin Love


The other night Corinna woke up very upset in the middle of the night. I went in to calm her down but the normal stuff didn't work. She kept saying she wanted to go downstairs. So I finally made sure Dakotta went back to sleep and brought Corinna to bed with us.

Well 6:00 Dakotta wakes up crying and I could tell she was upset and realized that she was all alone. I go to check on her and she's in Corinna's bed bawling. I explain to her that Corinna is in my room and we'll go see her. In the meantime Elliott is in his bed (also in our room) crying and soaking wet. So I tried changing him while Dakotta clung to my leg in the semi dark. I kept telling her Corinna was in the bed but she wouldn't leave my side. I even set her on the bed hoping she'd find Corinna while I finished changing Elliott. Well she eventually woke up Corinna but would not move to go to her. So Matthew finally asked Corinna to talk to Dakotta. Corinna crawled over and put her head on Dakotta's lap and gave her a little hug then Dakotta's whole face lit up and she gave her the biggest hug. It was if she was trying to say, "Don't ever do that again."

I think I felt my heart melt a little at that moment.

2 comments:

marcus said...

How sweet...

Victoria said...

Cute photo of the girls and what sweet story of requited love!