Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hardin Halloween

Trick or Treating was fun because this was the first year the twins really got into it. I couldn't really get a good group shot since they were so ready to fill up their bags. We live in a neighborhood with lots of hills and not only are the roads steep but we had to walk down a steep driveway just to walk up the 20some stairs to the front door and then back down the stairs and up the driveway to walk up the hill to the next house. And then on the other side of the street we did the opposite. And since our neighbor's mom had a nasty fall off some of these stairs just Sunday, I was paranoid and ended up carrying one twin up/down each set of stairs. But other than that it went really well and I figure it just gives me license to eat lots of their candy.

Rebecca was a Jack O Lantern Ghost
She got the idea when her uncle said she looked like a Jack O Lantern
with all her missing teeth. She's lost another one since yesterday.

Kendall couldn't decide between a Witch or a Queen
so she settled on being "a stepmother."
My favorite moment of the night was when she was skipping along singing
and stopped and said to herself, "Wait I'm supposed to be EVIL."

This is the best shot I got of Dakotta as Shirley Temple.

Rebecca and Kendall with Elliott the Teddy Bear

Corinna as Shirley Temple

So today after lunch I got the twins their candy bags down so that they could pick a piece or 2 each to have for a treat. So Dakotta digs in her bag and pulls out a bag of Skittles and Corinna pulls out a long tootsie roll. I helped Dakotta with hers while Corinna unwrapped hers and then she tore it in half and handed the other half to her sister. And then Dakotta dumped out her bag of Skittles so they could share. When they were done with those I let them get another piece each. Dakotta reached in her bag for 2 packs of Smarties and Corinna got out 2 lollypops out of hers. I thought it was so sweet that it didn't even occur to me that they ended up actually with 3 pieces each until I was putting the bags up. Sneaky kids!

Stay Tuned: I hope to get some pumpkin pictures up soon.

No comments: