Saturday, November 3, 2007

Rewind for Pumpkins

Well I've been kind of busy and I forgot to post our pumpkin pictures. So here they are now. My sister Lettitia came with us to pick pumpkins at a local church. I could see the fear in the volunteer's eyes when we showed up and kids kept pouring out of my car like clowns at the circus. He followed me round the whole time and I'm sure his blood pressure peeked while we were there. We wanted to take some pictures of the kids with their pumpkins but he had enlisted help to carry them to my car before I had a chance to put away my wallet.

Rebecca picked the tall pumpkin

Dakotta went for a big one but we convinced her to go smaller

Corinna just posing
Elliott with his bitty one

I'm not sure what Kendall was doing here
but as as usual she makes me laugh.

Gourd Relays
Instead of toys for Christmas I think I'll get them some gourds

They had this cute little spot with a scarecrow that shouted "photo-op"
But before I turned around the man was at my car trying to load it in the back which of course had 2 or 3 strollers back there. lol
At least I got this shot.

My tired pumkin

The problem with Georgia weather is that you almost have to carve your pumpkins the night before or else you end up with rotten pumpkins instead of Jack O Lanterns on Halloween. Well Matthew had to work and I was too scared to give my kids a carving tool so I ended up carving the pumpkins all by myself. I cut the tops off so they could clean them out. Then I tried to do the whole Survivor Man thing where I would carve and then try to get pictures making the process that much more tedious. Luckily only 1 of my kids wanted an intricate design.

Here they are cleaning out their pumpkins.
Notice Kendall is not touching that stuff and
Dakotta is tasting it. YUM-O

You can't really tell but Dakotta was actually taking the seeds out of the bowl
and putting them back into her pumpkin.
She's always been my hoarded.

So I quickly got tired of documenting the process so
here they all are with their finished pumpkins.

Rebecca's Witch with Elliott's bitty one



Kendall watched over my shoulder as she told me
exactly what to do for her "spooky" face.


The Pumpkin Twins

1 comment:

Jill said...

Those are some good-looking pumpkins! Rebecca looks like a good little mommy. C is the same way Kendall is - he won't touch the slimy stuff. :)