Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bravo! Bravo!

Last Night we went to see Rebecca in Tide Pool Condos at the Elementary School. Kendall had seen it during the school day and said she did "Excellent!" We had a sitter to watch the 3 little ones so that I didn't have to wrestle anyone while watching the play. It was a cute play and everyone did a good job, especially Rebecca. But of course I'm one of those has-been, stage moms. I have to admit that I'm such a sap, I actually get teary eyed watching my kids perform. But she was the best Bioluminescent Guy, I've ever seen. I'll try to post pictures soon.

The show was a little bitter sweet because I loved seeing Rebecca showing off her talents but on the other hand it makes me sad because it reminds me of a part of my life I've put on hold for the last 8 years. I was excited to get to help with one of the rehearsals. I would have loved to do more and 3 kids ago I was the type of mom that was always at the school. Unfortunately until we figure out how to install another bathroom for an Au Pair, or until the kids are older I just can't do as much extracurricular stuff as I would like. It was kind of weird the one day I showed up because I expected just to keep kids on task. But I ended up in a group that was learning a dance. The lady responsible for teaching the dance did not have a dance background and had just been taught it herself a few minutes before. At first she just wanted me to be in charge of the music. But when she found out I had dance experience I ended up getting to help teach the girls. I can't tell you how much fun I had.

Yesterday was also an exciting day for Kendall. Her class has a Green, Yellow, Red card system for behavior. Well, Kendall was born with a disability. She was born without a volume control. Add that to the fact that she's very social and it doesn't make for many "Green Days." Well at the first week of school when I had already gotten a phone call from her teacher and we had just gotten done discussing our expectations she asked me when I was coming to have lunch. I was so fluster I spouted, "When you can get 5 Green Days in a row." So this has been her goal for the school year. And up until last week she's never gotten past 3 in a row. But she finally did it and it only took her 9 weeks of school. So Monday Kendall gets to have lunch with Mommy and her younger siblings.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I can't wait to see the photos of the play!

Way to go Kendall on 5 Green in a row!