Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fun Run Boosterthon Day

Last night I fell asleep while Rebecca was reading to me. She woke me up to see if she had read her required 15 minutes. Once I got her and Kendall off to bed Matthew suggested I go to bed, which I did at 8:30. I did get up to feed Elliott twice in the middle of the night. But come morning I realized that the sun was shining through my window. I jumped up to look at the clock on Matthew's side of the bed to see it was 7:30. The time the kids should be at the bus stop. Someone (a mysterious toddler I'm sure) had turned off the alarm. The weird thing is that I almost always awake before the alarm goes off. I guess I was a little tired.

Anyway we all rushed around getting ready and Matthew dropped them off at school. In the meantime I got the little ones up and fed so that we could go to the school for Rebecca's FUN RUN. It's the school's way of raising money for the PTO without having to sell wrapping paper or candy bars. Rebecca and Kendall were supposed to get sponsors for each lap they ran. I was surprised at how eager they were to call family and friends to hit them up for money. It was actually kind of hard for me to watch because I get a pit in my stomach doing that kind of stuff. But Rebecca did a great job getting pledges for her and Kendall.



Rebecca ran 36 laps (about 2 1/2 miles)



Wardrobe malfunction: Someone stepped on her shoe and it came off.

Then after an hour in the heat Corinna, Dakotta, Elliott and I headed home for lunch so that we could come back that afternoon to see Kendall.



Kendall waves at her fans. She ran 27 laps (about 2 miles)



The cheerleaders decided to wear the track cones.



Cheerleading stunts

We all had lots of fun. The little ones were a big hit with the big girls classmates. At one point after the run I was letting the twins go down the slide and looked over at Rebecca and about 15 of her classmates had surrounded Elliott's stroller. You would have thought we were celebrities. Of course leaving proved to be a bit of a challenge because the twins wanted some of the popsicles reserved for the athletes.

And apparently we wore my little man out because this is what we found a little later.


Notice how his little hand is still holding the fishy toy.



OK this little red mark made me smile because it reminded me of my Dad. He was notorious for falling asleep in church with his head on the pew in front of him. Whenever he woke up he always had one of the red marks.




No comments: