Monday, September 17, 2007

Is it a Stick or a Bug?

It's a Stick Bug.

Rebecca found a stick bug on our deck yesterday. She found one last week on our way to church but we were in a hurry so she didn't get to look at it too much. So when she saw one again she decided to catch it and put it in her bug cage. Last week she caught a moth and a grasshopper and when she went to get them she noticed that the moth was gone. We convinced her that she didn't want to hurt the stick bug so she let it go a little while later.



Then last night during story time she found a leafbug on the outside of the deck door. She wasn't as eager to catch that one since the last time she caught one it bit her (actually I think it pinched her). I didn't get a picture of that one.

In other news. My 3 little ones have had colds for almost a week now. I thought they were gettting better but yesterday Dakotta kept telling me her ear was "ouchie" and asking me to kiss it. So I'm going to call the doctor and see if I can get them all seen today. If history repeats itself Dakotta will have a double ear infection and Corinna will just have one. Not sure what to expect from Elliott since this is his first illness.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I thinks stick bugs are one of the coolest little things! Not showy, just mellow!

Best of luck on the kiddos. BTW, I have several different ear antibiotics if you need any!

Michael Taylor said...

I agree. Stick bugs are way cool.

Michael Taylor said...

I went camping this weekend with the scouts and saw no less than six stick bugs. I don't think I've ever seen that many before in my whole life and then I see six in the same day.

Jill said...

I cannot believe how brave Rebecca is! J would love to hold a bug . . C would run the other way. lol.