Sunday, September 30, 2007

Blue Bear Bash

So yesterday was the Blue Bear Bash at the elementary school. Kendall was so excited and asked me what a bash was and I told her it was a "wild party". What!? I was in the car without access to a dictionary or the Internet, it was what came to my mind.

They had lots of activities like a climbing wall, scooter relays and old standbys like a cake walk and face painting. The twins only had eyes for the slide but the big girls enjoyed many of the games. And then we had some pizza and ice cream.


Dakotta and Corinna were in awe of the Chic-fil-A cow. But they had no desire to get close to him. After he left every time they went by this spot, they'd say "Where's cow? Where's Moo?"


Dakotta getting a blue heart of her cheek

Corinna getting a pink heart




Rebecca and Kendall both chose kitty faces.


And off they go.
We gave Kendall permission to go play and Corinna and Dakotta both just took off. Mommy was on her A game and managed to snap the picture and catch them before they were lost in the crowd. Of course there were plenty of odd looks from spectators but she quit paying attention to those about 2 1/2 years ago.

When we were headed home I was asking the girls what their favorite part of the day was. Kendall said her's was playing with her friend Macy. And then she said, "But I don't think they should have called it a Bash." I asked her why and she said, "It wasn't very wild." I guess it's time she learned about truth in advertising.

1 comment:

marcus said...

Truth in advertising or maybe subjective interpretations.