Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Which is really just a place for me to write down some of the interesting things that happen in my crazy little life before my mommy brain files them away with other forgotten details like where I put my cell phone (after the battery has died).

I'm married to Matthew and am stay at home mom to Rebecca, 8; Kendall, 5; Corinna & Dakotta 2 and Elliott, 5 moths. Once upon a time I loved to scrapbook, throw parties, stamp, read, camp, go to the theater and long before that I even loved to work in the theater. About the only ones of those I still do on a regular basis are camping and reading, although it has been while since I've actually read anything beyond the 5th grade level. We are in the process of fixing my basement up to include a craft area so I hope to get back into some of my creative outlets soon. Right now I spend most of my free time (read that as time nursing while no one else is climbing on me) catching up with the friends in my computer.

Rebecca is my little Granola Girl. She loves everything outdoors, especially rocks, horses and lambs. She whistles like a bird and has her sister convinced that she's actually talking to them. She's a self proclaimed vegetarian who is forced to eat animal flesh by her evil omnivore parents. She just started the 3rd grade and her favorite subject is science. Right now by her bedside are her current favorite books, which are Calvin and Hobbes (not sure which one), The DK Encyclopedia of Science and a book on horses she checked out of the library at school (and I'm pretty sure she checked the same book out last year). She is the best big sister. She loves playing games with Kendall, giving her twin sister piggy back rides and taking care of her baby brother.

Kendall is my little entertainer. She wakes up full of energy and ready to tackle the day (we will never know where she gets this because both her parents are night owls). She loves clothes, especially anything cheetah print or purple. Her motto is "The louder the better" and not just when it comes to clothes. She's excited to be in Kindergarten this year but sometimes her exuberance can get her into trouble. She loves to make up stories and songs and has a long list of imaginary friends, who we never know when they'll be popping in.

Corinna & Dakotta (or Shock & Awe as their dad likes to call them) are our 2 year old identical twin girls. Corinna is my little chatter box and very out going. Her middle name is Scout and it is very fitting. She jumps head first into things (literally and figuratively). She can also be very bossy and is a little mommy to Elliott. Dakotta is more laid back. She lets Corinna explore while she is quietly in a corner coloring, playing with blocks or reading a book. Dakotta is also a Daddy's Girl. From the time she could crawl she was the first one to Daddy the minute he walked in the door. The majority of my day is spent trying to stay one step ahead of these two. And if I don't the rest of the day is spent cleaning up after them.

Then there's Elliott, the apple of his sisters' eyes. He is a very happy and easy going baby, but then he has 5 females that attend to his every need. The boy isn't allowed to cry without someone coming to the rescue. He loves to sit around watching all the craziness that goes on in this house. He's anxious to be on the move. He waits until Mom isn't looking and then he traverses the floor. He's not crawling but that doesn't stop him. He also enjoys watching sports with his dad. The kid is bound to understand the game of football before his mom ever does.

The ring leader of this circus is my husband Matthew. He spends his days in a nice quiet (relatively speaking) office building where he works in IT for a "Needs Fulfillment" company (whatever that means). I'm sure he will tell me that I've gotten the lingo all messed up so I won't go into the specifics of what he does. The important thing is it pays decent and he gets excellent benefits (like going to the bathroom by himself and a real lunch break that doesn't involve anyone throwing half eaten peanut butter sandwiches at him). He's the fun parent. The one that watches cartoons with them and throws them around and plays his guitar so they can dance around half dressed.

1 comment:

Michael Taylor said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I think I'm going to enjoy reading this. We always love hearing the stories that come from your little "hive".