Sunday, September 23, 2007

Random Thoughts

So I was told that I needed to update my Blog. It's been kind of a hectic week so I'll try to fill in some of the highlights.

Monday: I took the 3 little ones to the doctor. My prediction was wrong. Dakotta only had 1 ear infected and Corinna had 2. Elliott has a cold but his ears and lungs were all clear. Dakotta now weighs enough more than Corinna so that their prescriptions are different dosages. Just to keep mom on her toes.

Wednesday: I met up with some of my friends at the Mall. The twins were getting a little restless so we took them into the Disney store. My friend Kari was going to buy them some little stuffed animals. She let them pick from this shelf with all these cute furry stuffed animals. They had Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Piglet, Dumbo, Thumper, Dalmations, Marie the Kitty. And what did they pick? Mater the Tow Truck from CARS. We had to dig through the pile to find the 2nd Mater.

On a side note: I've never actually SEEN this movie. We have a DVD player in the van and I've HEARD it numerous times and could probably quote lots of it. So tonight as I was tucking the kids in I looked at their stuff trucks and realize he's "Tow Mater." I asked Matthew if he knew that and he said "I've never actually SEEN the movie" I'm guessing most people knew that.

Thursday: A friend of mine had mentioned how much fun the kids have pretending to wash dishes. So I filled the sink full of plastic dishes, and soapy water and put a towel on the floor under them. For the longest time they stood on their stools playing. I finished what I was doing in the kitchen and went into my living room but decided since they were playing so nicely to let them keep washing dishes. A few minutes later I hear lots and lots of giggling. I decide to see what's so funny. I walk in and my kitchen floor is flooded. My kitchen sink doesn't have a back splash or a wall behind it. They had figured out they could reach the faucet from behind the sink. Well that wouldn't have been so bad. Except they also realized that they could now reach the sprayer nozzle. So they took great delight in spraying water clear across my kitchen. The good news was I got my floor mopped. The bad new is it may have been foreshadowing.

Thursday Night: When I put Rebecca to bed I heard dripping in her bathroom. I see water on her sink and the floor is wet. She says Kendall must have been playing in her sink again. I clean up the water on the sink and put some towels on the floor. It's bedtime so I leave them there overnight.

Friday: I'm trying to get things together so that Matthew and I can go out for dinner. (Not to self: Post about mad frenzy involved before being able to take a break). Well why I'm trying to get things together I go into Rebecca's room and see the towels. They're soaked so I throw them in the washer and put a few more down while wondering what exactly Kendall did to make such a mess. About this time the kids are home from school and Rebecca points out that there is water coming out of the ceiling in our living room. At this point I call Matthew who tells me to turn the water off under the sink. Now I'm kicking myself for just assuming it was my kids and that it never occurred to me I actually had a plumbing problem.

When I was cleaning it up Rebecca says "This must be the worse day of your life" (She's always declaring days to be the worst day of her life). I said, "Nope, not even close. " She looked a little surprised and asked me what was worse. I replied "The day my dad died, or the day Dakotta had to have her arm cut open, lots of things are worse than having a leak." She gave me a thoughtful look and said, "Oh yeah." I wonder if we'll be hearing her declare days the of her life any time soon. Oh and we did have an enjoyable evening out so it couldn't have been that bad.

Saturday: Rebecca and Kendall were going to spend the night at their cousins house and I was headed to a Tupperware party. Matthew was helping me load all the kids in the car when he noticed one of the interior light were on in the very back. One of the twins must have turned it on the last time I was loading them up. The last time anyone drove the car was Wednesday so of course the battery was dead. Matthew was able to test the battery, realize it was dead, go to one store to see they were out, go to a second store and purchase the battery and get it installed all in about an hour. I told the kids he was faster than triple A and they just looked at me like I was crazy.

So those are the highlights of my week. I'll try to post more often. Maybe if this week will be a little quieter.

2 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

I'm glad this wasn't your worst week ever. I admire your perseverance and your "it could be worse" attitude.

Victoria said...

We already knew you had creative children and now we know they are clever, too!

You could get Rebecca a voice over job for some anime cartoon as the voice of doom. It would be artsy and cool.

We watched the movie on multiples last night. I was checking the whorls on my thumbs to check my circulation. Cool show. Thanks for the recommendation.