Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wood, Rocks and a Praying Mantis

Well if you have ever been camping with my husband you know he has an obsession with fires and firewood. He spends the winter procuring, chopping, splitting and stacking firewood. If you have a dead tree he may even ask you if he can cut it down for you. So with the hopes of cooler weather on the horizon today he began his yearly ritual of moving firewood. And like most years, at the beginning of the season the girls are eager to lend a hand. By February it will be a different story. So here are some pictures from today.

Kendall

Rebecca
Matthew not too happy about having his picture taken.

Kendall thought this piece was cool.

Rebecca's Rock Collection
A Praying Mantis

1 comment:

Matthew Hardin said...

I ponder if I could look more disgusted by my picture being taken or by the fact that a rock garden of enormous pebbles proportions is in my way....