Wednesday, December 5, 2007

4 Out of 5 Kids Agree

That's about the way it rolls around here.

So this year I decided to try my hand at taking my own Christmas photo. I bought some coordinating pj's and made my bed (not an every day occurrence around here) and tried to get some pictures of my 5 children. Well as is always the case one of my kids just can't get with the program. It started out being Dakotta, she wasn't being disagreeable, it's just that every time I went to take a picture she had to jump or put something in her face. About the time I got her to cooperate Elliott decided that he had enough of this nonsense and cried every time I put him near his sisters. One of the things I've learned in the past 3 years is to let things go (if you've seen my housekeeping skills you'd agree) so I called off our little photo shoot.

When I finally got around to uploading my pictures I thought I had some really cute shots but was a little disappointed that I didn't get that one "perfect" pose of all 5 of my kids. Part of me was tempted to get them all dressed again and try again. But I decided that anyone who knows us knows we are far from perfect and I'm not trying to sell picture frames after all.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

A few more years around Kendall and Rebecca and the others will toe the smiling line at the Hardin household! I think this photo is so typical for a family photo, but with extra cool pajamas and a nicely made bed!

Jill said...

I thought your Christmas card was just perfect!! It shows that you are a normal family - and alive and well. ha ha